0410 521 484
Hello! I’m Jacinta Dal Ben, Melbourne newborn photographer, visual storyteller, record keeper and the preserver of legacies. I am the sole photographer, child wrangler and baby whisperer of Jacinta Studios, in Hillside, just 24km north-west of Melbourne.
My dream is to capture timeless keepsakes of families, children and newborn babies. Because life is a journey filled with memories and moments that should be preserved, not just for you but for your children, grandchildren and future generations. After all, photographs are the legacy we leave behind.
It was after the birth of my first child that I realised the power of photography. With my camera, I had the power to capture a single moment that could convey a thousand words. A photograph alters your mindset and transports you back in time to that exact moment, to that feeling. Photography allows you to relive fleeting moments, precious moments of your children’s lives. I wanted those moments captured forever, not just for me, but for my children. So, I became passionate about photography, learning all I could, particularly about newborn photography, newborn safety, poses and practices. I wanted to share my newfound love of imagery with other families and help them create lasting legacies. And here I am, 10 years later a successful photographer and known as one of the leading Melbourne newborn photographers.
“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”
— Aaron Siskind
– Apart from a juggler of many hats, I’m a wife and Mum to four fabulous kids.
– I’m 35 years young and have been married 12 years.
– I’ve been a professional photographer for 10 years.
– My brother and I were the first IVF boy/girl twins born in Melbourne.
– I am a fitness fanatic and spent 8 months preparing for two bodybuilding competitions. I competed in the Fitness Model category and placed 4th and 2nd in the competition.
– I’m a Master Photographer with the AIPP (Australian Institute of Professional Photography)
– My photography has gained me National and International recognition. You can see some of my awards here. JACINTA STUDIOS AWARDS
– I LOVE Grey Goose vodka, coffee and dark chocolate. Not necessarily in that order.
– A dog lover! We have a mini schnauzer named Rosie.
– I’ve travelled interstate and overseas to teach newborn photography which was so exciting!
– My perfect day involves long walks where I can get artistic and I love exploring scenery, alleyways, cafes and people-gazing.
– Confession time…I’m a HUGE Western Bulldogs and Melbourne Storm fan. Footy nights get rowdy at our place!